• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lifting 3" or more

spazegun2213

NAXJA Forum User
I'm sure this has been asked before but i searched and couldn't find it. What are the problems with lifting 3" or more? I'm consitering buying a lift fot my XJ and i have heard starting at 3" there are somethings to worry about. What are these things?

Thanks

spazegun2213 said:
I'm sure this has been asked before but i searched and couldn't find it. What are the problems with lifting 3" or more? I'm consitering buying a lift fot my XJ and i have heard starting at 3" there are somethings to worry about. What are these things?

Thanks

The only real problem you might deal with is the track bar. You will either have to drill a new hole over a bit or get an adjustable. I suggest longer LCAs too.

you've got a 98 right? you might have vibration issues. the newer ('97+'s) have more potential to create vibes after your transfer case. at 3", a simple 1" tc drop could fix it. but all jeeps react differently. you might not have any vibes at 3" or you could rattle your teeth out.

231 or 242 T-case? My friend has a 96+ 231 T-case, and at 3.5 inches the vibes are terrible, and doesn't want to install a drop because it'll mess up his skid plate.

Back