• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

up country skid plates?

Front skid will fit. Transfer case skid should fit -- I've seen conflicting reports as to whether or not the skid for the 242 transfer case is different than the one for the 231. If so, that's a transfer case issue rather than a year issue.

Gas tank skid for anything up through 1996 will fit yours. 97 and newer will not.

The skids that up country came with are the one in the front (to protect the steering linkage), the one under the transfer case, and the gas tank skid. Other things that came with up-country would be tow hooks ( 2 in the front and 1 in the back), a full size spare, and track-lock diff.

Ed

jeepinxj05 said:
Trak loc dif. you say? Could I pull the carrier and spider gears out and put them into my stock d35c cause i'm lockin the front and don't want too much stress on that 35? plus, it's my dd.

nope you need a new carrier, and that would involve setting up your gears again costing a good bit of money unless you can do it yourself.

He asked if he could pull the carrier and spider gears. Why would he need a new carrier. It would involve setting up the gears again, but it can be done.

Maybe. Since you have an automatic, you would want to make sure the Trac lok came out of an auto as well and that would be a straight swap though you would still need to set it up. You don't want one out of a manual tranny XJ as they were geared numerically lower and have a different carrier. The carrier break for the d35 is 3.54 and numberically higher.

Back