• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whats to be expected with a FM super 40 series?

Gridikal

NAXJA Forum User
Just ordered it and wondering if anyone else has it- Getting this one to replace my crappy dynomax "super turbo"- didnt like it one bit. Flowmaster says this one has a lot of advantages over the original 40 series.
I'll be runnin it wih stock headers, down pipe, with a magnaflow high flow cat along with the 2.25" pipe left over from my dynomax system

heres a link in case you have not seen it http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/cgi-bin/flowmaster/super40.html

Thats what I have with a gutted cat. The sound is as good as you can hope for with the 4.0. One thing I didn't count on is how strong the muffler is. I am not saying you can't beat it up, just a lot stronger than my old system. I have had a lot of rocks bite it with only small scrapes and dents.

junkxj said:
Thats what I have with a gutted cat. The sound is as good as you can hope for with the 4.0. One thing I didn't count on is how strong the muffler is. I am not saying you can't beat it up, just a lot stronger than my old system. I have had a lot of rocks bite it with only small scrapes and dents.
i was looking into that as i hope to be moving back to CA soon and having my holy muffler and absence of tailpipe makes me slightly un-smog worthy. I was looking into the 40 series on Rusty's and he said that they were their own skid plates.

I really hate to buy a new muffler then have it get killed, are they really as strong as their made out to be?

-Ranger

I got hung up on a ledge in Colorado in 99 and my Flowmaster took the brunt of the damage......where other mufflers would have torn open like a soda can (Borla), the FM was so tough that my entire exhaust stretched about 6".

When we got back to camp, I used a bottle jack and a log between the rear axle and the back of the FM to "shrink" the exhaust so that the crossmember hanger would line up again. Do that with a thin wall muffler.
BTW, I'm still running this same muffler, it's got lots of scrapes and dents but it's still hanging in there, 60K miles later........

Back