• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which optima battery??

kme743

NAXJA Forum User
Hello. I was wondering what model # red top battery would fit in my 1995 cherokee,4.0? I tried the optima site but they said they had no info on my jeep. Thanks!!

I have the side termanial Red Top. Fits the battery tray quit nicely. Couldn't give you a model number, but the price was $119, so it's the larger of the two Red Tops. Juice

The only problem with a yellow top is that if you kill it, it's a PITA to bring back. An alternator won't do it. It has to be put on a charger. Besides that... I like mine.

Harvo said:
The only problem with a yellow top is that if you kill it, it's a PITA to bring back. An alternator won't do it. It has to be put on a charger. Besides that... I like mine.

Uhhh, you must be an isolated incedent then. I've killed mine several times and after a jump start, the alt has recharged it just fine.

Harvo said:

I do not believe this is correct, should charge any way you can do it. I just had a 4 year red top just instantly croak on me. It reads .2v. I got it at Carquest and I think there is a 5 year prorated warranty. If not, who sells this thing the cheapest? Probably go with a yellow top this time, because I would appear to be the most robust since it is made to be discahaged and recharged, perfect for dummys like me who leave their light on.

james
www.geocities.com/jammerjamesharmon

Back