• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Step in height

Harvo

NAXJA Forum User
I'm about to pull the trigger on an RE 5.5 inch lift. I plan on running 33's. I know you can get 33s on with 3.5 inches if you cut enough, but I want to follow the fender plan that JasonJeeper used on Jeepin.com. The intended use for the XJ is family wheeling with the wife and new kid. All was good until my wife saw a lifted XJ today and freaked. "It's too tall" she says and is worried about getting in and out. Of course... it had like 10 inches of lift and 35's... but now I want to ease her fears.

Can anyone running around 5 to 6 inches with 33's give me a measurement from the ground to the bottom of your rocker panel (or where it would be if itwas stock) please. For that matter... same goes for if you have 4.5 inches and 33s and would like to answer. I would like to actually be able to show her what the step in will be. (curious for myself too)

Thanks!

Harvo - maybe this will help. I took these measurements last summer for another Jeeper who needed info about door heights. This is a 4.5" on 32s, and last time I checked the measurement was a pretty accurate 4.5".
height.jpg

Measurements are in inches.

Thanks! It helps a ton. For 33's and a 5.5 I just add 1.5 inches to your measurements and Poof. Great drawing. Thanks again.

Back