• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need help quick with rear hatch lock

Ramsey

NAXJA Forum User
well its raised in the air and its locked and it wont unlock. the handle had not been working to great the past week or two but with enough pulling it would open. but now its stuck open and locked. i really need help asap so if anyone can i would reall appreciate it

So, its open, take the plastic off and see whats wrong with it. The real problem is when it's stuck shut and you are trying to get it open, once it's open the rest is easy :D

well in the past hour it has been stuck open closed locked and unlocked all at the same time. after some much needed cussing and a little pb blaster it works fine. i dont know why, but i sprayed some in there and messed with it a tad and nowit works fine. i suppose i still probably need to take it apart and see what is wrong. someone give me a beer

Ramsey said:
well in the past hour it has been stuck open closed locked and unlocked all at the same time. after some much needed cussing and a little pb blaster it works fine. i dont know why, but i sprayed some in there and messed with it a tad and nowit works fine. i suppose i still probably need to take it apart and see what is wrong. someone give me a beer

I had this problem with my 95. It's probably just plain rust, and you're best off to take the latch right out and clean it thoroughly. Give it a bath in kerosene or something, then lube the **** out of it. Then just move and cycle every moving part in it a few dozen times until things work smoothly. It's really easy to get out - 3 torx screws and out it comes.

Back