• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tera 2 low

bluexj89

NAXJA Forum User
Installed my 2 Low kit last week and in the first outing it broke! The nipple that is welded on the range selector fork welds broke. Has anyone else had this problem or was this just a freak occurance? I was lucky that it didn't lodge in the chain or anything. What is bad I never shifted from low to high the whole day just from 2 to 4 wheel, Which worked great. TIA.

Mark
89 XJ With full width locked D44 front, 9" rear Spooled with 5.13 gears in each end. 36" TSLs Interior roll cage, RE 4.5" lift with a little help.

bluexj89 said:
Installed my 2 Low kit last week and in the first outing it broke! The nipple that is welded on the range selector fork welds broke. Has anyone else had this problem or was this just a freak occurance? .

By nipple, are you talking about the shaft, that the shift linage connects to? I would say, that would have to be a fluke. I'm sure you have, but definately contact Tera.

Rob

I have used mine for 5 or 6 trips and no trouble at all. must be a freak.

I contacted tera and they are replacing it. I was just curious if this was a common problem that I will regret that I bought or If it was totaly a freak one time occurance. Only thing is it happened at the worst time. I need my jeep together for a Christmas parade next week :rattle:

Back