• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 axel shaft seals

XTrmXJ

NAXJA Forum User
what are some different types of seals, or at least best way to seal up the 8.25 axle shafts... I know that there are different types for the front at the knuckle section..

what? are your seals leaking? if they are, replace them, and check the bearings and shaft for gouging and grooves.

There is only one type of seal to fit there, the factory one.

Ya I had to rebuild my rear axle over the weekend and I was just looking for anyother aftermarket seal or setup that I havent seen.. To late already done with stock crap

XTrmXJ said:
I know that there are different types for the front at the knuckle section..
i thought the 8.25 was a rear axle and doesnt have knuckles... am i missing something?

XJ_ranger said:
i thought the 8.25 was a rear axle and doesnt have knuckles... am i missing something?
Yeah... the 8.25 seals are straightforward: they are in the axle tube and there is one type AFAIK. Are we talking about the D30 maybe?

when I posted originally I was refering to If there was a different setup for the 8.25 similar to the D30 in the front...

Last edited:
XTrmXJ said:
when I posted originally I was refering to If there was a different setup for the 8.25 similar to the D30 in the front...

The 8.25 seals are a lot better setup then the D30! With the 8.25 you don't have to pull the carrier to swap them out.

Back