• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GM Multi Function Stalk

BIGSLVRXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I want to get a new multi function stalk for my 90. (Wiper controls, turn signal, cruise) Does anyone know if this is a dealer only part. When I call parts stores they don't come up with one. Also if it is something aftermarket exactly what is it called.
Thanks,
Collin

jeepguy1990 said:
I want to get a new multi function stalk for my 90. (Wiper controls, turn signal, cruise) Does anyone know if this is a dealer only part. When I call parts stores they don't come up with one. Also if it is something aftermarket exactly what is it called.
Thanks,
Collin

No aftermarket equivalent. Turn singal lever is what it is considered.

Not sure, but I think I remember seeing them hanging in the HELP! parts aisle at Pep Boys

Is it in the HELP! section at Napa as well or do you have to ask them for it?

If you can't find one hanging up in the Help parts... tellem you need a stalk for any mid 80s GM.

IIRC the ones with cruise and wiper delay are pretty pricy... $80-+ . I needed one for my trail rig, got 'sticker shock' and ended up borrowing it from my MJ.

the gm ones are the same, try a gm dealer and ask for one fo an S10 about the same year. we are a gm dealer as well and they are a little cheaper than the ones in chrysler packaging.

I have a spare, took it out of an s10 and spliced the jeep connector on it (they were different) It works but I have another issue so it's not installed. $25 shipped to your door. Send a PM.
asat

Help rack at Autozone. About $40.
Plugged right in on my '90, had to splice on the old connector on my '92.
Run the new cable down the outside under the steering column.

Larry A.

I dont have cruise and I assume thats what you guys are talking about when you say spliced it. Am I right?

jeepguy1990 said:
I dont have cruise and I assume thats what you guys are talking about when you say spliced it. Am I right?
Yes. If you don't have cruise, there are no wires at all -- the old one pulles out and the new one gets pressed in. 20 second job.

Cool, thats what I thought. Thanks.

you lucked out

veedubshafer said:
so, can you put a non cruise on a cruise vehicle and just forge about cruise control? (mine doesnt work anyway)
Thanks for reviving my ancient thread...yes you can do that, it's the same end.

90PioSport99 said:
Thanks for reviving my ancient thread...yes you can do that, it's the same end.
nice. thats what i'm going to do its only like $6 at advance auto parts brand new - it sucks because I have no junkyards close by and with gas being as expensive as it is I justg buy new alot of times because until i run to the yard and dig around then drive home I wasted enough money just to have the new one - things just aint the same anymore - OH WELL

Back