• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alignment done today, but still not satisfied

creeknxj

NAXJA Forum User
alingment shop print out
Caster left: 6.3 right: 6.1
Toe left: 0.20 right 0.20

There has been an improvment, but the truck still wants to wonder into bump and dips.

Any suggestions, should I go back and have the toe angle adjusted ?
There is very little viberation in the steering wheel, I thinks its the GY M/Ts

Thanks
creekXJ

creeknxj said:
the truck still wants to wonder into bump and dips.

There is very little viberation in the steering wheel, I thinks its the GY M/Ts

Your alignment specs look reasonable. Depending on what you mean by the above statements, it could be worn TRE's, low air pressure or bump steer.

Even though your's is a '01, if you've done a fair amount of wheelin' and flexin' the drag link or track bar TRE's could be worn. This would definately result in wandering. Low air pressure can result in wandering as well.

Maybe you could clarify your description of the handling problem. "wonder into bump and dips" Does that mean the the tires tend to follow irregularities in the road? Does that mean the when you hit a bump or dip the Jeep steers to one direction or the other? The latter would be bump steer and indicates problems with your steering and suspension geometry. You also mention vibration???

Also stick to your original thread so we dont have to go figure out your original problem.If its bump steer thats one thing,if its wandering(tracking) the road then thats something else.

Back