• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axle Question

mudpuddle

NAXJA Forum User
A friend following me out of the parking lot yesterday told me my wheel was wobbling, so I got home, put her up on stands, and sure enough, my left rear was wobbling with a runout of about 1/4 inch. I pulled the wheel and checked the axle, it is indeed warped. To my knowledge I've never hit anything or put enough bind on the rear to cause that. Is this possible factory defect, and is a 1/4" runout at the wheel enough to cause concern/problems? 01 Sport

A good whack in a pothole at speed, possibly? I doubt factory defect, but you probably hit something and didn't even register. Which axle?

I had the exact same problem in my 97. I've never done anything that would make the axle warp/bend like that either. Possibly the previous owner. Time for some new Yukon alloy axles! If you have the 8.25, I think they around 150 for the both of them and then you can keep your good axle as a spare.

Back