• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

231 Tcase Taking Apart

jeepsrock

NAXJA Forum User
I purchased a np231 tcase and before i put it in my heep i need to know how to open it and what exactly i shouuld look for before i pop it in and use it. The tcase is a 231 out of a 93 xj.

THX
pete

Dangit - looks like I didn't save it. There are a few threads in the Original Tech forum tht have links to the 231 t-case service manual.

I'd do a wholesale replacement of the chain, and shift fork pads. The pads should be ultra cheap at the dealer. Look for the chain aftermarket, maybe National Drivetrain in Chicago? The chain should be around $100.

Other than that check the oil pick up screen and make sure it's clear. Look close at all the bearings. ???

As far as getting it apart? Start for the output side and work back until you have the main case apart. It's a pretty simple t-case.

HTH,
B-loose

XJ_ranger said:
this one?
Yup!!

Link works fine; you might want to right-click and "Save Target As" to save the PDF to your drive. Along those lines, you need to have Adobe's Acrobat viewer installed

Back