• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

coil rear suspension

bigo

NAXJA Forum User
I want to go to the coil rear suspension. Does anyone have input on
which kit to go with? I have been leaning towards the Teraflex 6" with
a long arm kit in the front. I would like to get the best bang for the buck
if I could. Pics would be nice if you got some. Thanks
Big O

if your going that far - homebrew...

pbb is a good place to ask that - all the 'hardcore' people are there...

id go with coilovers if i were to remake my rear end...

Fab your own

img_0027.jpg

I second the coilover,will be doing it in the near future, already done in front.

:D It's the only thing i didn't break until today :wave:

Forgive me for butting in, but 2 q's:

1: What are the advantages of coil as against leaf? (I could be persuaded to go down the route of a mild lift using Range Rover rear coils if it was advantageous)

2: Are there any writeups to be found on said conversion?

personal opinion

people always want what they dont have. People stuff leaves under the front and coils in the back of the cherokees... i dono - i like leaf rear coil front....

anyone have pics or link to a Rockkrawler setup. was thinking about this myself. if too much of a hassle will probably go no higher than a RE4.5in.

i saw this done on the rear of a 2000 XJ with a 44 up front and 60 rear. he made a skid plate that plate the bottem of the stock x-member. used 2 in. tubes in front of the x-member for the front links and a 2in. tube in the rear as well for the rear link mounts. he made the skid plate/ link mounts bolt to the outside of the unibody. he did a triangled 4link, for the coil buckets on the frame. he made a 6x6 box and took a chunk of tube that fit inside the coil spring and it was 5in. long about. welded the tube in the middle of that box for the coil bucket. cut the unibody wide enough for the box to slide in. the welded the unibody to the coil bucket. and thats it for the mounting and the link style. id make it if i were you its easy.

XJ_ranger said:
personal opinion
i dono - i like leaf rear coil front....

The exact reason I'ld like to get a YJ and put coils in the front.

Leafs in the rear...
Coils in the front...
Square headlights...
HO 4.0

What more do you want?

Contact D&C Extreme in Colorado Springs.

Damien has developed a 4 link coil system for the rear of XJ's. It has been tested and developed on the toughest trails in CO and performs superbly. It will be cheaper than trying to do all the development yourself, and it will work.

HTH

OK guys. Its a 8.25 Chrysler. The reason for going to a rear coil is for
better articulation and ride. I have tried the add a leaf, the full spring
pack and nothing gives me what I am looking for. I live in Colorado and
all of our wheeling here is rock crawling. Besides it LOOK BAD!!! It is
going on a 2001 XJ and I don't want to have a hack job. I want it to
look nice. This will be driven on the street also.
O

Last edited:
For a DD i would suggest putting a sway bar in the rear too if you go coils rear.

Grant said:
Contact D&C Extreme in Colorado Springs.

Damien has developed a 4 link coil system for the rear of XJ's. It has been tested and developed on the toughest trails in CO and performs superbly. It will be cheaper than trying to do all the development yourself, and it will work.

HTH

If they have such a system, tell them they need to get it on their website!

Back