• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

33s pros and cons

john

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought some 33 bfg to replace my 31s. I am trying to decide wheather to keep them or go back to my 31s. I have 4-11 gearing,4.5 lift and I can cut the flares to clear without much difficulty and add some longer bumpstops. My question is what am I gainning whith these 33s? the Pros. I see is looks and some ground clearance. The cons. I see are having to extend the bump stops therefore reducing the axle articulation, putting more strain on the steering box and other steering components,putting more strain on the engine and gears,having to carry a larger heavier spare. Right now I am leaning towards going back to my 31s. anyone else come to this conclusion? or am I not seeing something here? any opinions would be appreciated

it all depends on what you wheel.. if you wheel in places with deep ruts "like me" then they are worth it for the extra ground clearance. Do you need the ground clearance?

If not i would go back to those 31's

There's a noticable difference w/ the 33's and you should feel it, but also if you ever join a club or nething then some of the harder trails require 33 inches or bigger and things like that so it's nice to have them.

if you live in a snowy climate, the 33s are not worth it the extra clearance once aired down is minimal. 31s handle great in the snow wide tires suck.

i just got 33s mounted on about 6" lift. my front flairs are slightly relocated. i think that they are great. huge. here is a pic. i would keep them if i was u. i have a 5 speed and 410s and its plenty of power.
IMG00002.jpg

I guess if you can't decide between 31's & 33's, you could always get 32's.......

Ivan said:
I guess if you can't decide between 31's & 33's, you could always get 32's.......
32s are just an odd size, i run them for street tahrs only cuz i dont wanna wear the tsl's down. they are too wide for 7 inch wheels, yet blow beads to easy on an 8 inch wheel

Pro's ===== They're bigger than 31's

Cons ===== They're smaller than 35's :)

If you wheel it, the 33's are worth it. If you street it, go back to the 31's

Greddy

Ivan said:

LMAO

I had that same conversation with myself on the way to work this morning :wave: Thanks for reminding me...

There really is a difference though. 33s will likely increase the wear & tear on everything up front that can get worn. Got steering brace? They'll also tax D35s and older 27sp 8.25" rears.

Back