• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

gearing t-case question

HoodRichXJ

NAXJA Forum User
anyone have any thoughts on running 4:10's with 35's and a stock t-case for a while with a possible upgrade to a d300 4:1 in the future. right now i am running the 35's with stock 3:55's and stock np231. i just wondered how much of a difference i might notice with just the 4:10's. steve

you'll notice a decent improvement with the 4.10s, but it still won't be ideal by any means. I'm assuming you're going 4.10 with junkyard axles...? If you're paying for gears, get 4.88s.

the 4:1 will put you into a very good range with 35s and 4.10s when you're in low range, but of course it does nothing to improve your poor hi-range gearing.

Im running 4.10's and 4:1 with 33's,I wished I had done 4.56's(doing it on my new one)!

4.10s are not even enough for 33s let alone 35s. 4.56s are perfect for 33s and 4.88s for 35s. I went with 4.56s and wish i had listened to others here and gone with 4.88s. I have 33s and the ratio is PERFECT I dont know if I can handle less power again if I go up to 35s though as right now I get 20 mpg (hwy) and it HARDLY EVER downshifts for hills. If you're going the JY route you will notice a much needed improvement over the 3.55s and your tranny will thank you too.

Back