• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Changing diff fluid

bzdel2441

NAXJA Forum User
I have the cover off and I seem to have both the cover and teh axle housing clean of all old gasket but now inside the diff there is all kinds of smigma inside it now. Well I have been told that I can use brake clean to clean off the diff but can someone describe how to do it?

Thanks
Chris

Just spray it down with a can of brake cleaner until it's clean. You'll probably use at least one whole can.

bzdel2441 said:
the just let it all drip out or what? stick a towel in theere and soak it all up?

yeah, pretty much

spray it all down inside and simply try to work all the sludge/contaminants/filth out

i then wipe it out with a rag, and then blow any remaining liquid out with compressed air

ok went to teh store and bought a can, came home and sprayed it all clean. Now it looks to be pretty dry. I stuck a rag in there to get some excess but i dont know if i got it all. Will any brake fluid that i missed hury my synthedic fluid?

Thanks
Chris

bzdel2441 said:
ok went to teh store and bought a can, came home and sprayed it all clean. Now it looks to be pretty dry. I stuck a rag in there to get some excess but i dont know if i got it all. Will any brake fluid that i missed hury my synthedic fluid?

Thanks
Chris

Just let it dry for a little while...it evaporates quickly. Brake fluid is designed to clean and leave no residue, since you don't want anything left on your brakes.

Back