• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

i am getting new tires and a lift

psiggz

NAXJA Forum User
i am planning on getting a lift and new tires for my 98 XJ. I want to get TRXUs all terrains and a RE 3" lift. will that cause any rubbing and how much. could i get away with runnign that setup? i really dont want to do much fending trimming

what size tires?

how long of extended bumpstops?

put it all on, flex it as much as you think you can, measure then add bumpstops to conter the rubbing.
Also look into skinnier tires - less rubbing that way...
9.5 or 10.5

that is a good combination.. Tekka-Maki has been running that exact combination for 2 years now and takes that rig everywhere... and he LOVES those tires....

they are good tires, i run some 29x10.5 on a ome 2.5 inch lift with stock rims on a 2001, and i get alittle rubbing at full lock on the lca's, just go with a rim with less backspaceing and youll be fine

I have a Rubicon 3" lift with 31x11.5 Goodyears and get some rubbing. I have not trimmed at all. It might be a good idea to trim a bit, or just take the end cap off the front bumper. That will eliminate the part of the flare that the tire will rub on on the road. The dont rub too much at full flex. I think its a good idea...

rock rash said:
I have a Rubicon 3" lift with 31x11.5 Goodyears and get some rubbing. I have not trimmed at all. It might be a good idea to trim a bit, or just take the end cap off the front bumper. That will eliminate the part of the flare that the tire will rub on on the road. The dont rub too much at full flex. I think its a good idea...

What kind of lift is that? I am looking at what kind of lift I need to comfortably fit the stock Wrangler Rubicon wheels and tires (31x10.5 MTR's)

catyrpelius said:
they are good tires, i run some 29x10.5 on a ome 2.5 inch lift with stock rims on a 2001, and i get alittle rubbing at full lock on the lca's, just go with a rim with less backspaceing and youll be fine

DO you run the TRXUS all terrains? and i heard they run bigger than they say that they are.

Back