• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How much Lift??

31s are more reasonable with that height. The lift will give at least 3.5" but not always more than that. I often hear of people who got more than the advertised lift from their RE, but haven't yet heard of anyone getting less than that - to me it's more important that they don't go under. When I did my 4.5" RE, all measurements indicate that's exactly what i got, so don't expect to get 5" out of a 3.5" lift. For that matter, around 5" is what you want to have to fit 33x10.50s, with about 4" backspace on the rims. Of course, an Add-a-Leaf kist is only going to prop up your existing sagged rear springs so you may not get the full lift because of that...

$600 installed for the AAL RE6020? That retails for $350 so you're giving someone $250 to do what you and a couple buddies could do in an afternoon for the price of a couple pizzas. Better yet, skip the AALs and go to the RE6025, it's the same lift but with replacement spring packs, for almost the same price as you would pay to have someone else do your wrenching. You don't say where you are, but there are probably a few members nearby...

I am running the RE 3.5" kit with AAL. I wish I would have bought full springs! I got a little over 4" with my kit. I order the entire kit RE6010, substituted the dsconnects with JKSGen II, and chose Deutche Tech 3000 shocks.

Like I said, I shoudl have gotten full springs and Biltstein 5100 shocks.

Do it right the first time!

I am not totally disappointed with the AAL. The problem is that sagging leafs can only be helped so much, for so long.

"No matter how high you go, you will want to go higher oneday!" - inchititis

As far as price, I think you can find a better deal. Try Richard @ www.fullsizexjgear.com. He is a NAXJA member and sponsor.

Good Luck!

Robert

Yucca-Man said:
31s are more reasonable with that height. The lift will give at least 3.5" but not always more than that. I often hear of people who got more than the advertised lift from their RE, but haven't yet heard of anyone getting less than that - to me it's more important that they don't go under. When I did my 4.5" RE, all measurements indicate that's exactly what i got, so don't expect to get 5" out of a 3.5" lift. For that matter, around 5" is what you want to have to fit 33x10.50s, with about 4" backspace on the rims. Of course, an Add-a-Leaf kist is only going to prop up your existing sagged rear springs so you may not get the full lift because of that...

$600 installed for the AAL RE6020? That retails for $350 so you're giving someone $250 to do what you and a couple buddies could do in an afternoon for the price of a couple pizzas. Better yet, skip the AALs and go to the RE6025, it's the same lift but with replacement spring packs, for almost the same price as you would pay to have someone else do your wrenching. You don't say where you are, but there are probably a few members nearby...
you dont have to have a 5" lift to run 33's, you just need to cut the hell out of your fenders. a friend of mine over at jeepin.com is running 37's under a 3-4inch lift right now.

Oh yeah,

Don't pay anybody to install it. Get some help and do it yourself. I had 1 friend help and we did it the whole thing in about 5 hours, including lunch! It was my first lift.

As for 33's, you will need to cut the heck out of your fenders and use some big bump stops....33's are not recommended for a lift under 5", but people have done it with only 4 " of lift.

I run 31's on 15x8 w? 4.5" backspacing. I rub like crazy. I am planning on trimming the fenders. I will also add a spacer up front and run the 4.5" springs in the rear some time next year.

RP

Yucca-Man said:

That re6020 kit doesnt come with shocks does it? That 600$ was the kit and
DT3000 shocks installed.

you dont need to cut the hell out of your fenders, Up front all you need to do is bend over the pinch seem and relocate the stock flares up about an inch, if that. The rear just bend the pinch seem over around the fender well.

If a stock xj can run 31s fine, a 3" lift can fit 33s fine.

4 inches of lift fits 36's fine, 5+ a true 37 fine aka interco

94_2wdcherokee said:
iam probably not going to do any trimming...iam just gonna run the correct size.
anything over 31s needs trimming to fit in an xj fender well. and alot of people run into problems with just 31s

tell me exactly what size tires you want and i will list. 32s minor rubbing on lower flares, outside of flares.

33's will get cut on the pinch seem up front, rub rear wells alot, rub bottom of flares up front. If you dont ever flex the jeep you will be able to get away with 32s and no trimming otherwise little amounts will need to be done to go over speed bumps.

The rougher the local highway's the more that needs to be cut. For 33's i have never seen someone get away without cutting, mainly cuz the flares are tiny.

What bs on the wheels are you going to run, that also makes a difference

rust bucket xj said:
you dont need to cut the hell out of your fenders, Up front all you need to do is bend over the pinch seem and relocate the stock flares up about an inch, if that. The rear just bend the pinch seem over around the fender well.

If a stock xj can run 31s fine, a 3" lift can fit 33s fine.

4 inches of lift fits 36's fine, 5+ a true 37 fine aka interco

i will agree that these are for "static" heigh, but only as long as the rig doesnt leave the driveway.. .. they "WILL" fit.. but are not ideal.... he wants to know what he can run WITHOUT CUTTING.... a lil trimming is generally required.. 31s WILL NOT fit a stock XJ problem free.... they will fit.. yes.. but will rub when you turn the wheel and compress the suspension.. not a "PROPER" fit.. CheapXJ ran 36s on his budget boosted XJ... he had to build new wheel tubs, but he did it.. i run the exact lift he is asking about and it has settled to 3" front and rear.. i tried 32s when i first installed it and i got interference when i drove it on a bumpy road.... 31s are perfect for this lift.. to run 33s without major cutting you really need 5".... if you use proper bumpstops you can limit your spring compression so you dont need to do more than a lil trimming..

haha Ryan is like a bro to me... and 31s only rub at full lock. the only ting needing changing on the rear is cuttin the fender liner but leave the flare in place. My girl ran her saggy xj this way with no swaybars for over 6 months and it fawken rocked on the trail cuz the cog was so damn low.

and Ryan's 36s are now mine, i run 4 inches of lift just trimmed to tj flares

rausch06.jpg

rausch15.jpg

also, running the longer bumpstops will limit your uptravel alot, measure bottom of the opening of the fender, its only 28 or something, thats a lot of limiting

rust bucket xj said:
tell me exactly what size tires you want and i will list. 32s minor rubbing on lower flares, outside of flares.

33's will get cut on the pinch seem up front, rub rear wells alot, rub bottom of flares up front. If you dont ever flex the jeep you will be able to get away with 32s and no trimming otherwise little amounts will need to be done to go over speed bumps.

The rougher the local highway's the more that needs to be cut. For 33's i have never seen someone get away without cutting, mainly cuz the flares are tiny.

What bs on the wheels are you going to run, that also makes a difference

31x10.50 on 15's

stock bs?

you will rub the shock towers and the inner fender flares, just take a knife and cut it so the inner fender flare aint there it just kinda sits there anyway, and with out it its like a tj flare hollow.

than just cut what i said and you wont rub anywhere Or jus tleave it the rubbing wont hurt a damned thing with where it is rubbing

Back