• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another tire thread... I've searched... I'm sorry.

darwin

NAXJA Forum User
Like the title says. I searched "tires" "onroad use tires" and a few other terms and came up with nothing...

I'm going to be lifting the XJ 3.5" and will be getting 31s for it.

Now I'll be driving ~20 miles on the highway to school nearly everyday in it next semester. But at the same time, on maybe one weekend a month, I'll be trailing it.

I guess that calls for ATs? I don't know much about tires though, so what will be best? Gas mileage and tread wear are important to me.

Thanks guys!

if you want a long wearing at get bfg at's

i'm gonna have to disagree with bburge, all of what i have heard about them is that they are the best in the snow

They are fine on snow ON STREET. They suck on snow in dirt, AKA cold mud.

I had a set and liked them, even when taking the XJ skiing. Off road in anything wet, they pack and turn into lubed slicks.

bburge

I agree 100% about the poor off road snow performance. just went out two days ago to the top of the mountain for some playin around. some light logging roads. i was fine with momentum, but even on the slightest of inclines with small rocks these BFG ATs were cra*. slick *astards. but for on the road, and the desert stuff, theyre great. I have over 50K on my 31s and still have about 5K left (wich may be why they did so poorly in the snow/mud).

i had a set of 265x75R16 bfg a/ts. good milage and great traction (for an a/t). i am actually selling my set with 50% tread mounted on 16x8 steelies..... pm me if interested.

also check out the Bridgestone Dueler A/T REVOS. They are an amazing tire onroad and good offroad (for an A/T) and I couldn't be happier with mine. Ask around, I've never heard one negative thing about them.

Back