• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

33x10.5" front and 33x12.5" rear?

Chris S

NAXJA Forum User
What's your thoughts on using 10.5" wide 33s in the front and 12.5" wide in the rear?
My thoughts are that this will let me maximize my turning radius and still have the extra traction of the 12.5" wide tire in the rear.

Tire rotation options are pretty limited, and which spare do you want to carry? I'd stick with the 10.50 all around

go with the 12.50s i just got some on. all you gotta do is slightly adjust the steering stops and it will be fine. def go with the wider.
IMG00002.jpg

wider tires are bad...
i run 33x10.50's and they cut through anything no problem. but i guess what you are gonna do w/ your jeep. rocks and stuff=12.50, mud=10.50.

12.50's look a little cooler if your gonna drive it road only

Definatly NOT a street Jeep.

Lots of our terrain is clay mud. you don't really sink inot it deep, but often the only way you go forward is to throw a lot of stuff backward. On the other hand I rarely got stuck using 33x10.5" tires on my TJ, and ity handled better with 10.5s than 12.5s.

I'm not worried about fender clearance or anything. Any metal in the way gets cut off.

Hmmm...... descisions descisions.

Back