• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for 760 joint with needle fittings in caps?

Jeff 98XJ WI

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I am looking for a part number for a Spicer 760 u-joint that has needle grease fittings in each cap. Anybody know where to find such an animal and a specific part number? The 760's I recently got via mail order came with no grease fittings anywhere. Jeff

Thats because they are 760's.....they don't come with grease fittings. The 297's are the same size and they come with A grease fitting. I can't think of any u-joint that has them in each cap.

I know the 760's that get massaged by Longfield have a needle grease fitting in each cap. Maybe they buy them that way and maybe they modify them, I don't know. Jeff

You can get Alloy USA X-Joints from 4WD Hardware for 35.99 plus tax and shipping. They have the solid center like the 760 and grease fittingson each cap so you can still grease them and have the strength of a 760. I just installed a set myself and they seem pretty sturdy only thing is I lost 3 needle bearings somewhere along the way now I need to buy another one.

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=3843

11-16-2004 :D

So? If someone searches for 760 joints with needle fittings in the caps, they NOW know where and how to get it.

You're nominated for the failure in reading comprehension.

Ladies, settle :D

Back