• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CA design idea

XJguy

NAXJA Forum User
Would putting a bend in the lower CA so that all but the last few inches of it were parallel (or close to parallel)to the ground improve anything, or is it the attatchement points dictate the front end behavior?

O
\____________O (axle end)

XJguy

That would be so fun to bend :) I think that you would loose too much strength in the lca. Just go with the drop brackets.

The bend in the CA won't accomplish anything. The angle between the attachment points are what will dictate your ride quality. The Jeep will never know if the tube of the CA has a bend in it.

Hope that helps,

Dan Turner

yeah it really has to do more with the angle between the 2 points. That's one of the reasons why currie makes those J hook LCA's that attach to the front of the axle. that move the point forward and makes the line between the 2 a little flatter.

XJguy said:
Would putting a bend in the lower CA so that all but the last few inches of it were parallel (or close to parallel)to the ground improve anything, or is it the attatchement points dictate the front end behavior?

O
\____________O (axle end)

XJguy

Rusty's LCAs are like that, but his suggestion is to install them the other way around, i.e. the short part towards the axle.

I am not sure if they offer anything to the ride quality (most probably not), but they do help a bit in the articulation.

Rgds

Back