• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Going from 4" lift to 5.5" ???

johnnyc

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Right now, I'm running 31" tires and 4" of lift. I plan on moving up to 33" tires, so I figure to go to about 5.5" of lift.

I have 3" RC coils and ACOS giving me the 4" in front. The ACOS gives 1.25" of minimum lift. So I'm thinking of going with 3.5" or 4" coil springs. Who makes 4" coils?

Would RE 4.5" coils give more than 4.5" of lift? Because with the ACOS, that's at least 5.75". If RE coils give more lift than advertised (like RE leafs), should I just go with their 3" coils?

Then in the rear, I was going to try adding extended shackles...or buying new RE 4.5" leaf springs.

And yes, I've already started trimming the fenders. And I have new 4.56 gears waiting in the garage. And I'm buying an SYE.

Lots of questions. Sorry for rambling.

hmm this is just a crazy thought but why dont u adjust the ACOS' ???????? i thought that was the whole point of paying so much money for coil spacers? then get extended shackles in the rear, u realy need longers shackles with pretty much any springs in order to get all the flex you can out of them.

kolby

Good question...

I'd rather not crank the ACOS up another 1.5 inches. With the saggy RC coils, the ACOS is already cranked up about 3 inches. I prefer to use the ACOS for fine-tuning, to compensate for the weight of my winch.

And I don't believe it would be good for the suspension to be at 5.5" of lift with short springs and essentially a 4.5" spacer.

why not just chop a little more and put the 33's on there?

Back