• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock Wheels

I've never seen a stock Laredo have anything other than 15x7 aluminum rims. For that matter--and in my experience--most XJs came with 15x7 rims. However, some basic, stripped down version XJs came with 6" wide steel rims.

Tom

My ’91 Limited came with 15x8 alloys. Yep, I know that Jeep didn’t make 8” rims or at least that’s what I’ve been told. They are 8” as measured by Sam’s Club before they would install my tires and are most definitely factory Jeep rims. The 15x7 grey steel rims seem to be the most common, but I’ve seen them in alloy and also 15x6 steel. Are you trying to put on really tall/wide tires? Most good tire shops have a caliper looking thing that will measure rim width while the tire/rim is still on the vehicle.

Wiley Coyote said:
My ’91 Limited came with 15x8 alloys. Yep, I know that Jeep didn’t make 8” rims or at least that’s what I’ve been told. They are 8” as measured by Sam’s Club before they would install my tires and are most definitely factory Jeep rims.
Which rims are they? Can you post a pic?

The only 15x8 rims Jeep has made in recent years are the ones used on TJ Wranglers with the 30" tire package. They were never (to my knowledge) offered on any Cherokee models.

I'd bet that the guys at Sam's Club measured the outside of the wheel. Rim width is supposed to be measured between the inside faces of the bead seating surface.

i think the original stock aluminum wheels on my 87 limited were 15x8s...

standard

other than that i dont think the XJ ever had stock 15x8 wheels...

My rims look exactly like Sidriptide’s, only black instead of gold. They are the only ones I’ve ever seen like that. When I was searching for a rim for a full sized spare I ran across a gold colored one. I snatched it up as soon as I seen it. It looks just like Sidriptides and identically to my other 4, except for the color. If it’s the same as the rest then they really are 8” wide.

IIRC they were made by BBS Wheels... they made alot of BMW wheels and such in the late 80s.. i sold those a long time ago so i dont have any reference now..

Nope. Those are 7", measured Inside, not Outside, as mentioned above. The "Gambler" wheels were offered on YJ Renegades in the 8" size for 29"x9.5 circa 1992.

sidriptide said:
i think the original stock aluminum wheels on my 87 limited were 15x8s...

standard

other than that i dont think the XJ ever had stock 15x8 wheels...

the TJ Canyon wheels are 15x8s.. similar to a 15x7 that was available on the ZJ, but not the same.. these are on my daily driver..

standard

Sorry to bring up an old thread. But...

Does anyone know the backspacing on the 8" canyons?

Thanks

My 90 laredo came with 15 x 7 aluminum wheels (10 spoke).

It is relatively easy to know the width of the XJ OEM wheels. Look into the dish at the back; the side towards the brakes and read it. The size is stamped there in raised letters. My wheels which I refer to as 'honey comb' style clearly states 15X7. Mine are silver or polished aluminium not gold like those of Sidriptide.

Back