• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

31's on a budget boost

tnxj

NAXJA Forum User
I know this has been discussed before, but I still have some questions. I will be installing the Rocky Road BB (1.5" Shackles and .5" blocks) and I got a good deal on some 31x10.50 BFG AT KO's (30.7" tall) on some Grizzly's. I will shim the steering stops (1 or 2 washers?). I will also extend my rear bumpstop with some 2 inch square tubing (is this about right?), and I've got some stock Tacoma front bumpstops (from another lift install) that I will probably bolt to the bottom of the coil mount up front (should be about like a 1" hockey puck except they already have a little stud sticking out). With this done will I still rub? How much will I have to trim? Where? I know it depends but I'm looking for opinions. Oh yeah, it is a 98 model that rarely sees the trail and I won't be disconnecting my sway bar. Thanks in advance. Also, just so I can go ahead and have them before the install, what diameter are the center pins on the rear leafs, and what is the axle tube diameter on an 8.25 so I can get some new u-bolts?

You should be able to get away with that combination. Center pins are, I think, 5/16" diameter. 8.25 tube diameter is 3". Just measure to be sure.

Back