• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GearS for my B DAY!

BoostyKid

NAXJA Forum User
ok so my parents are buying me a rear set of gears for my b day. i have to buy the fronts. is it ok to run just a rear set as long as i dont throw it into 4wd?

Yes, but beware, gear installs normally cost more than the gears and it's not an easy task.

To be on the safe side, I would drop the front driveshaft until you get the fronts to match.

yup just rember not to put in in 4wd. you might want to pull the front shaft one so if you do you won't ruin anything and two because you have to pull it anyway to do the front gears,

wow fastest reply ever, yah a guy i know has a huge xj and hes going to put em in for me. he did his own gears lockers and sye so im excited.

BoostyKid said:
wow fastest reply ever, yah a guy i know has a huge xj and hes going to put em in for me. he did his own gears lockers and sye so im excited.
sacramento huh? have you checked out the Sierra Chapter board? lots of wrenchin, drinkin and wheelin (in that order?) to hook up with there.

Back