• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hey guys, I need a job.

the_chief

NAXJA Forum User
I lost my job Monday, and am currently seeking employment.

As a project leader/technician I receive architectural drawings and blueprints from which I manufacture custom products. I am responsible for analyzing and gathering data regarding all aspects of the project. This includes locating various materials and hardware in appropriate quantities and sizes for specific applications in each phase of the project. I then organize an effort make a game plan and begin to manufacture a custom product. I often catch errors in the plans I receive and deal with outside departments or clients directly, in order to resolve issues and increase productivity by avoiding downtime. I am an excellent troubleshooter and work well under stress. I utilize mathematics, geometry, and common sense on a daily basis.

I am a Journeyman cabinetmaker/fine furniture/ woodworker. I completed a traditional apprenticeship. I have been professional for five years now. As such I operate many different types of machinery, both manually operated and automated. This involves different tools and tooling, knives, bits, and bearings, and making them all work together to match tolerances of 1/64th of an inch. I am also responsible for researching chemicals to make sure they are all compatible to avoid a possible failure.

I am clean cut, usually well spoken and also have a college education. I am interested in changing careers should an interesting opportunity present itself. I am computer literate, know Windows® well, and can type 35 wpm+.

I have a strong work ethic, and I don't mind working evenings and/or weekends to meet a deadline. I have experienced management and been part of a team and succeeded at both. Production and quality are my two strong points.

I make work a part of my life, I am not simply seeking a paycheck. I often complete research and attend classes to get certifications on my own time. I consider it an investment in my future.

If you’re looking for the person described above, please feel free to contact me. I am a quick learner and can adapt to any environment. I will travel to meet and discuss any possible business relationship. Feel free to forward this if you know anyone who might be interested.

David Mason
303-513-2821
denver, colorado

If you read this whole message, thanks. I am one of the hardest working professionals you'll meet, and my first child is due December 12, 2004.

I'm looking for a contract as well. This is spreading way to fast.

im kinda in the same boat havent lost my ujob but tired of managment trying to make me sell stuff on cars that isnt needed.so im looking as well but i think i want to go back to being a tech instead of a service writer

This must be an epidemic, I lost my contract too when I came back from Florida. Anyone looking for an Acft Maint Tech or maintenance controller? Tom, does your private jet need some work?

Need An eXtra Job Alright

Try contacting some at a company called Hensel Phelps. They are a GC in the Denver/Greeley area.

Also, Holder, Archer Western, Granite, PCL and other construction companies are hiring currently.

With your print reading skills and such, a Project Engineering position would most likely be in the works.

Hope you find one.

Fergie

Just thought I'd throw this out.

The firm I work for is looking for Landscape Architects..

Here are a list of things to think about:
  • Extremely proficient in Autocad (2005), Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, & hand renderings
  • Autodesk Land Development Desktop experience a plus
  • Willing to incorporate this job into your lifestyle ie: consistant 50+ hours a week
  • Must be extrememly reliable...
  • Denver location

I've been with the firm for several years and really like it...

Send me an email for more info.. [email protected]

matthew
formatt fabrications
www.formattfab.com

Hey guys, I work at the Suncor Oil Refinery in Commerce City. They hire off and on and I'm not sure of when they will hire next but give them a try. They generally post in the paper when they do. There are all types of jobs salaried or hourly with good benifts and pay but the refinery hourly jobs require shift work and currently quite a bit of overtime. Around $26.00 per hour and I will finish out the year with about 750 hours of overtime. I should clear 100,000.00 this year but with that much OT it can cut into a guys 4wheeling. The work is 12 hour shifts, and is a 4/5 day schedule, work 4 or 5 days and off 4-5 days.

Back