• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Upgrading the Intake Manifold on my 91

XJ91

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know if the TB on a 1999 Intake Manifold has the same sensors mounts as the one on my 1991?

I have the opportunity to pick up a 99 manifold with TB attached ($65USD), would I keep that TB and my sensors bolt directly to it? or would I replace it with my original TB and sensors?

Somthor said:
been wodnering thje same thing about my 87
id like the newer intake too 99? 00 i forget what year was the new style
My understanding is it will only work on 91+ 4.0L HO's not the RENIX systems.

Somthor said:
been wodnering thje same thing about my 87
id like the newer intake too 99? 00 i forget what year was the new style

The HO intakes don't line up properly with the '87 Renix head. You'll need to grind away the locating dowels to make it work.
The '96+ TB's have the MAP sensor mounted to them so if you're gonna use one of these TB's on an earlier 4.0 that has the MAP sensor on the firewall, you'll need to plug the vacuum port.

Dr. Dyno said:
The HO intakes don't line up properly with the '87 Renix head. You'll need to grind away the locating dowels to make it work.
The '96+ TB's have the MAP sensor mounted to them so if you're gonna use one of these TB's on an earlier 4.0 that has the MAP sensor on the firewall, you'll need to plug the vacuum port.

That's good to hear.. :thumbup:

ThanX Dr, Dyno

Back