• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

experience with posi-lok??

schaff90xj

NAXJA Forum User
so i am assuming that nobody on this forum has any experiences with the 4x4 posi-lok right?? or maybe so??
i installed the 4x4 posi lok just a couple weekends ago along with a new aluminum fork..bad choice by the way..spend the extra $20 and buy the cast one on their website. anyways..it took some adjustment right away but then everything worked well . i went out this weekend and when under load the fork would disengage and it would "pop"out of 4wd ? when i installed it everything else seemed to be in good shape. i am going to see if anymore adustments are needed but i don't understand why there would need to be..it worked great for the first couple hours of wheeling. i am going to upgrade to the new cast fork also. the collar and axles seems to be in good condition..?? anybody else have similar problems?? what's causing it to slip out of 4wd?? thanks

I've never had a problem with it kicking outta 4x4 on me. Are you sure you have it completely engaged??

My problem is getting it to disengage. It takes a lil time getting used to goosing it and pushing at the same time.

Make sure it is completly engaging and make sure you are locking the hanldle. Ohh...BTW...if you still have the AL fork...all bets are off. Get the steel fork 1st.

Rev

Back