• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hedman header clearance

AndyS

NAXJA Forum User
Jet-Hot coatings has several clearance specials currently available, one of which being Hedman header for 91-99 XJ, with their Sterling coating on it for $365.00. That's a pretty good price for a coated header...

http://www.jet-hot.com/pages/hedman.htm

I had a hedman header and it cracked with in a year and a half. I mean serious cracks to the point where I could see the inside of the tube. Coating will help prevent this but I would spend the money on a stainless steel header like the Borla or Banks.

Aaron

I have a Borla, myself, but I just stumbled across this while browsing Jet-Hot's site. Just figured I'd throw it out there...If Hedman is junk, then disregard.

my experince with my borla is serious issues with the front driveshaft

when my mj was at stock height it hit it right at the joint, put the lift on and it was ok

then i redrilled my track bar the other day and it was hitting it once again, so i put my trackbar back

it will be fine when i go to 5inches in the front

dont know if this is as big a deal for XJ's

just my personal experience with a borla

Never had the Borla when it was at stock height. I've sagged down to about 3-3.5 inches, and still haven't had interference issues....

Back