• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clutch components

Lou'sXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I am preparing to replace the clutch on my XJ. I am stationed overseas so I do not have the luxury of running to Autozone to get new components that I find worn out. so my question is should I go ahead and buy a clutch fork, flywheel or anyother components and install then anyway? I will be installing a centerforce clutch and disk.

What year XJ, and what engine? Internal or external slave cylinder?

BTW -- If you missed the recent thread about clutches, the Centerforce may not be the best choice. Mark Hinkley reports that they may cause problems behind the 4.0L.

Just for your info. Jeep does not recommend resurfacing the flywheel. The underlying issue is that the slave/master cylinder setup is not adjustable to compensate for the difference in throw. If you have the internal slave cylinder, you should shim the back of the slave or go with a bigger diameter master cylinder. If you plan to resurface, post again and I will give you particulars.

Back