• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Olympic Roof Rack

AZ DESERT RAT

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have an Olympic roof rack on their rig? I'm talking about the one that has the rails that run along the rain gutter...Top Hat I think its called? Just wanted to see some pics of it mounted if you have one!!

P.S. Still waiting for my membership?!?!?!? Almost a month now!!

AZ DESERT RAT said:
Does anyone have an Olympic roof rack on their rig? I'm talking about the one that has the rails that run along the rain gutter...Top Hat I think its called? Just wanted to see some pics of it mounted if you have one!!

P.S. Still waiting for my membership?!?!?!? Almost a month now!!
me two - i paid and all that and i have e-mailed [email protected] and only got a responce 7 days ago

he said that he had moved and things were busy - and i understand that type of thing
-XJ_Ranger

I'd like to see some pics as well- although I ordered it a week or so ago. so i guess I'll see soon enough. Looked sturdy to me I just hope it has more then the 2 offset light mounts
edit: thats funny, all three of us are in line for membership. ive been waitin 2 weeks- well worth the wait I hope, I know their busy:paperwork

are the side-rails 1 solid tube or sections stuck together?? how strong? would it fend off a tree if you tipped into it?

they are tubes stuck together so you can adjust the size of the rack, it seems pretty tough I haven't had any run-ins with trees yet so I can't be too sure to how tough yet.

I'm sure you could mount extra light tabs on the rack....I wish they woud have done more too!! I really like the tubing on the sides...it will be perfect for running the wire for the lights!!!

ive been running this rack on my jeep now for over a month. just last week i drove a 200+ pound snow blower on a 2.5 hour drive mounted on my rack. there was me, my friend, the snowblower and my spare tire all up on my rack at one time when we were loading everything up and there were no problems. ive also been on some pretty narrow trails and the only thing that has happened is me ripping a foglight off. heres a link of mine...
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/243000-243999/243790_276_full.jpg

yeah man, im pretty sure you can. i still have my rails on but not the rack. to me there seems like there if enough room. but they would have to be run under the rack and not really serve much purpose under there
243790_251_full.jpg

243790_252_full.jpg

what are the dimensions of the basket itself and the dimensions for the entire set up as well?

is there any way to mount it where the factory rack was as well to add strength? mine was messed up and we swapped it with a junkyard special that i want to get rid of anyway.

I'm sure you could fab up some brackets or alter ones from Yakima or Thule check out Everything SUV.com for some brackets..I've had good experiences with them. How easy does it look to add some extra light tabs?

Back