• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Landcruiser flange for sye?

if noone can tell me why it won't work, I am about to....

Looks ok, BUT unless i am missing something how are would it attach to the output shaft???

96XJCLASSIC said:
Looks ok, BUT unless i am missing something how are would it attach to the output shaft???
That is where the "tap" part of an H&T comes in.

You cut the shaft, tap it, attach the flange with a bolt and fender washer. Same as a Currie, or Old_Man SYE.....which I might add is working flawlessly now that I got the freagin snapring in.

Fergie

Anybody have the specs. on the proper flange?, center to center for the four holes, inner diameter of the splined portion. Maybe I can email the company to see if it's available.

Fergie said:
That is where the "tap" part of an H&T comes in.

You cut the shaft, tap it, attach the flange with a bolt and fender washer. Same as a Currie, or Old_Man SYE.....which I might add is working flawlessly now that I got the freagin snapring in.

Fergie

I understand the hack and tap. What I am trying to say is that i don't think the crusier flange could be attached to the output shaft. The splined portion on the cruiser flange runs completely through the flange. See below. Where the H&T has a solid end that allows the flange to be bolted on.

CRUISER FLANGE
compflange.jpg

RE H&T
tnRE1807.jpg

It is bolted on the same way. Do a Yahoo on Landcruiser case installs or something like that. Just use a larger washer.

Sounds good. I may try to lay hands on one and see how it works. It looks like it might need a spacer, but if the diameter is the same, I think we could make it work. I'm a little tight on $$$ for right now, but if someone were to get one to me, I could do the engineering. If we can make it work, I would give it back to them with a tailcone and instructions. Otherwise I will probably get one in a few weeks.

This is one viable option. I am persuing a manufacturer that will make an output yoke that would not be a flange but would mate directly to the driveshaft just like the front shaft.

old_man-

PM me if you will. I volunteer to buy the flange for you and send it to you.

Will need your address.

old_man said:
Sounds good. I may try to lay hands on one and see how it works. It looks like it might need a spacer, but if the diameter is the same, I think we could make it work. I'm a little tight on $$$ for right now, but if someone were to get one to me, I could do the engineering. If we can make it work, I would give it back to them with a tailcone and instructions. Otherwise I will probably get one in a few weeks.

This is one viable option. I am persuing a manufacturer that will make an output yoke that would not be a flange but would mate directly to the driveshaft just like the front shaft.

Back