• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anti-lock

Blackash132

NAXJA Forum User
Ok here's a question. Most of you say that if I have the C 8.25 in the back that I don't have anti-lock brakes. Now the dealer that I bought the jeep from, the window sticker added 125$ on the price for anti-lock brakes. I don't see any ant-lock light on but how do I know FOR SURE if I have them or not. Thanks
blackash

On the ones after 1990 the antilock pump/modulator is separate from the master cylinder. It is usually mounted on the drivers side of the engine compartment and has hydraulic lines coming from the master brake master cylinder which is mounted on the same side but at the engine/dash bulkhead. Sounds like your dealer owes either a replacement xj w. anti lock or your $125 back. The $125 sounds way low for the antilock option however. Are you sure it was for antilock? Greg.

Blackash132 said:
Ok here's a question. Most of you say that if I have the C 8.25 in the back that I don't have anti-lock brakes. Now the dealer that I bought the jeep from, the window sticker added 125$ on the price for anti-lock brakes. I don't see any ant-lock light on but how do I know FOR SURE if I have them or not. Thanks
blackash
The only reason you would not see an ABS light on the dash is if it is burned out. All manufactures run a check on the ABS electrical circuit on start up of the vehicle.
After the previous post about 8.25 axles and ABS, I cralled under my XJ for a gander. On the rear brake backing plate there is a wire just infront of the axle. The only reeason for it to be there is to send a message to the computer about the wheel speed. On the back side of the front brakes yoiu can see the speed sensing unit. These clues are in addition to the under the hood stuff previously mentioned. HTH

yep that's what the sticker said. and thanks for the info on the antilock. I just put on my bb lift last night and forgot to even look. I was just so exited that I finally have a lift. I'm gonna have to take some poser pictures to show yall

thanks again -Blackash

Back