• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transfercase interchange info???

yellowxj

NAXJA Forum User
Is there a good source of tcase interchange info on the net? I've called 3 different salvage yards about what fits what year/engine/trans and gotten 4 answers...it would be nice to have what fits for reference on different projects...

right now I've got a customer with a 94 4.0 auto with a bad 231...I've got a good 231 in a 89 4.0 auto...

yellowxj said:
right now I've got a customer with a 94 4.0 auto with a bad 231...I've got a good 231 in a 89 4.0 auto...
Right off the bat, before even looking at Tom's links the 89 will have a 21-spline input while the 94 will have a 23-spline input (the break was between 90/91)

thanks gang...guy didnt come back to the shop...he said he came out of the grocery store to see a puddle of trans fluid under his xj...no more has leaked since, rattled a bit as he left...tcase hole is the only thing I could think of that would leak once and rattle until it explodes...I wonder if he'll be back...

Back