• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gas line question

jeep88xj

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all this is my first time to this site. I have heard many great things about this site so I thought I try it and see for myself. I am in the tail end of doing a motor swap into my xj and I need help so I don't mess up with the fuel lines. On the fuel rail for a 1995 (got this from a boneyard so totally not sure what year I was told it was either a 94 or 95) which line is the one to get gas to the fuel rail. The first or second one. They are both at the font of the motor. I got the motor and all goodies: sending unit and pump, gas lines and everything else I needed to get to do the swap the right way. If someone could tell me what line comes from what to what would extremely helpful.
ED

On my ’91 4.0L HO the line at the very front of the engine (the radiator side) is the return line. It has the fuel regulator in front of it. BTW On a ’95 and older the fuel regular should be a separate piece that is removable from the fuel rail. If its not removable from the fuel rail it’s a ’96. If there’s not a fuel regulator on the fuel rail at all then it’s a ’97 or newer (fuel regulator is on the fuel pump). The line towards the back of the engine (the firewall side) is the pressure line from the fuel pump. I hope that made since. Send me a private message with your email address and I email you a copy of a ’93 factory service manual. That should answer all your questions on what lines run where.

That is my answer I needed I didn't want to connect them backwards and then sit and bank my head wondering way I was not getting fuel to the motor.
My friends were right this site is good.
ED

Last edited:
Back