• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ's with Safari Racks

fumble

NAXJA Forum User
I am planning on purchasing a rack.

Please post pics of your XJ with a Safari Rack!

Please list the type or rack it is and the size. As well if you have lights, what kind are they!

Thanks,

Dan

I got a Surco the 48x60 i belive, it works pretty good, the best place i found to order them is from summit racing, if u go with surco just a little suggestion is dont use the screws they provide to hold together the basket, either pop rivet it or weld it together

Pic 1

pic 2

1560IM000764sized.jpg

Yakima Mega warrior rack with the extension.

Since this picture was taken I've added two utility light to the back. Cool thing is all of Yakima bike/ski/canoe/kayak racks are straight bolt on. I secured the shovel with the mighty mounts and on the side you can't see I was able to mount my Hi-Lift jack.

It's mounted with two 66" cross bars that I want to switch out for shorter bars. THe longer bars like to catch on trees along the trail. I also want to add two more crossbars for more support.

I've got a custom made one using Yakima 1A mounts to fasten it down. I'll get some pics up later, but is measure over 72" long and 51" wide.

Fergie

catyrpelius said:
I got a Surco the 48x60 i belive, it works pretty good, the best place i found to order them is from summit racing, if u go with surco just a little suggestion is dont use the screws they provide to hold together the basket, either pop rivet it or weld it together

Pic 1

pic 2
i hate the limited bandwitdh that geocities offers - so i use geocities to make the pages but use http://tinypic.com to host my immages and use the < img src=http://tinypic.com/IMMAGE NAME HERE > code to do pics

I've got a Conferr rack and it works great. Have it sandblasted and repainted though. Thats the only problem I've had with mine, paint coming off.
www.conferr.com
I've got a hi-lift, spare tire and light on mine. Plus you can buy accessories for bike holders, shovel, skis.......
I'm not sure how to post a picture otherwise I would for you.

5.jpg

KargoMaster Kilimanjaro 52X60 roof rack, Hella 500 on the front, Pilot 35-watt area lights on the sides, and a Blazer area on the rear.

scampbell53 said:
Does anyone put anything in the back of their Jeeps anymore?
Yea, a winch, recovery gear, tools, food, drinks, and 1st aid stuff.

Back