• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

radiator help

88bluecrunched

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 88 cherokee and i have a 96.5 radiator to put in it but it has a different fan relay and i was wondering if anyone could tell me where to find the relay no car part stores seem to know what i am talking about

Are you talking about the fan relay, or the radiator temp sensor that triggers the relay? The one that screws into the bung in the driver's side radiator tank?

There have been many solutions suggested for this, most of which have proven not to work. Some while ago someone posted a sender that came from (I think) a Honda that apparently worked, but it required replacing the '88 thermostat housing with the 91+ style that has a hole tapped for a sensor.

The simple solution may be to take both radiators to a radiator shop and have them solder the bung from the old one into the new one.

Eagle said:
The simple solution may be to take both radiators to a radiator shop and have them solder the bung from the old one into the new one.
That's kinda what I did. I'm running two electric fans and brought the radiator in to a shop where they soldered in a 3/8 NPT bung to work with the Painless sender.
Cost me $20 and took them 5 minutes.

Back