• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rocking seat brackets on newer XJ seats??

Jeep Cherokee

NAXJA Forum User
The one thing I miss about my old jeep were the rocking seats.. Is there anyway I could mount the brackets to the seats in my 99? or is the rocking part a part of the whole seat?

I don't think you can mix and match; I think the rockers are pretty integral to the seat design, though you can take the seat off the base. But the seats are also dimensioned differently. I've thought of trying to mount older seats in my 95, but of course that would change the upholstery style too. You'd have to change the mounting points on the floor for that, so it would take some pretty careful measuring and research.

I don't know why they changed the seats. The old ones were great.

What years had these "rocking seats"? I have a 92 Laredo and I don't have them..... Or don't think I have them.

Inquiring minds want to know

Thanks
Terry

My 89 Pioneer did; I understood they were an option on some models until the seat mounts changed around 94 or so

Back