• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering Dampner...

my procomp es3000 is working great...

none :D I have the stock one still one with 176K, I doubt it doing much and the body is really dented up. I should replace it someday but havn't had any problem with no having one really. And I'm going for a OME or Bilstein. Probably with Bilstein too match my bling shocks.

I don't think it's a band-aid. Driving a 100+ highway miles a couple times a month really suck with slightly out of round tsl's and no damper. I can't call interco up and request that they make a perfectly round and balanced swamper, but I can run a damper and reduce vibes a bit.

CW said:
I don't think it's a band-aid. Driving a 100+ highway miles a couple times a month really suck with slightly out of round tsl's and no damper. I can't call interco up and request that they make a perfectly round and balanced swamper, but I can run a damper and reduce vibes a bit.
so it is a band-aid then.

but for something that you can't fix or change, so that's fine.

the original question was looking for the BEST dampner; because the BEST was in caps I'll just throw out that the best would probably be a King shock valved evenly for compression and rebound.

I know of a guy that is selling a 3 month old OME steer stab. for I believe 40 clams. He did a steering conversion and doesn't need it anymore. I don't know if it sold yet, but PM me if you have any interest.

went and bought a new OME today. WIll be here tomorrow. Thanks for all your input gentlemen...

much appreciated.

scott

Back