• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lights in my 99, overhead console

Ramsey

NAXJA Forum User
i started a thread a while back because my lights on my ceiling(just the three, no other fancy stuff) went out. i checked all sorts of things and never could figure it out. today i was trying to see something in the dark and got mad so i started messing around with it and got my fingers in it between the liner and plastic and felt a harness that was unplugged. apparently my subwoofer rattled it loose, that light shakes like mad, and now it rattles. so how can i get to it and plug it up, or am i just crazy and feeling something else. but htat is all i can think of. thanks for reading the long rambling post

There are 2 plugs in the overhead console that I know of, one connects the computer unit, and the other connects the RF keyless entry PCB. It depends which one is disconnected. The one towards the front carries power to the lights & connects the CPU. The one in the rear connects to the RF keyless entry.

It doesn't make sense though that *1* of your lights work and not the others (i.e. if one lights, they should all be getting power). Does your computer work and/or the remote entry(if equipped)?

Edit: The console is pretty easy to remove, you take out the 2 screws in the front and simply slide it towards the FRONT of the vehicle.

Last edited:
i didnt see any screws, and all the lights overhead, in the front console, dont work.
or is it under one of the light covers?

The screws are in the front directly in front of the slots where the visors snap into place. There are no screws under the light covers. So does the trip computer light/work? If not, then the main connector for the lights/trip computer may be the connector that is unplugged. BTW, what year is this?

99 and no fancy stuff up top, just the lights right square in the middle of hte roof

oh man, sorry about that! when I read "overhead console" my mind went on a whole other track! anyway, yes, the screws are under the main light in the center I believe. I can't recall if there are 1 or 2 connectors in the dome light, but if you pop off the cover and then remove the screws, you can slide the whole dome light off towards the front. Sorry again about the confusion :(

no problem, thanks for the info and the extra info as well :) gonna check on this tomorrow

Back