• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 ring gear bolts not fitting!

Israel

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a 4.56 ring and pinion set and master install kit to go with my detroit. The install kit came with ring gear bolts but the bolts are the wrong size or thread pitch so I ordered some from my local dealer and they seem to be the exact same bolts so I checked the ring gear and among some other letters and numbers it says C8.25-4.56. Are there two sets of bolts for these things?

I may be wrong but are,nt the bolts LEFT hand thread ?
Wayne

Yes, they are. I'm an ass. I figured that out right after I posted by staring at the bolts for a bit. Feel free to let me know what a moron I am, everyone!

be sure and use locktite on them. Lots of locktite. You don't want them to back off. :laugh3:
Heh, if you don't make a mistake you won't learn. We ALL do things that in hindsite seems pretty, shall we say, "uninformed"!

WHAT!!!! you mean I was Right,I have no idea why I remembered that,read that in a Mopar mag,
Anybody for a game of Trivial Pursute(sp)
Wayne

Back