• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alloy shafts for 8.8

No but want to upgrade and have the stock ones as spares. With plans of 37's I want to be prepared. ( don't worry the front will be dealt with as well.)

Moser Engineering for the best quality, if you want inexpensive look at Superior Gear. At the same time look into the C-clip eliminator set up for the 8.8.... A little overkill but nothing like loosing an axle on the trail because of a C-clip....

Just my .02$ worth

Clean-RC said:
Moser Engineering for the best quality, if you want inexpensive look at Superior Gear. At the same time look into the C-clip eliminator set up for the 8.8.... A little overkill but nothing like loosing an axle on the trail because of a C-clip....

Just my .02$ worth

Due to the disc brakes, the later ford 8.8's will not shed the axle when they break like the drum dana 35/8.25 etc.

BrettM said:
Good work!!! i think that was your shortest, and most to-the-point post ever! :yelclap: keep it up

Thanks Brett, I'm working on it. :laugh3:
I would suggest just carrying a set of easily found ford 8.8 shafts along with you on the trail. 31 spline shafts aren't as easy to break as you think. I've seen alloy shafts going for $200 I think for the pair in 1 of the 4x4 mags (Peterson's or JP).

Back