• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

radius arm mounts(Frame)

lndrvrxj

NAXJA Forum User
I have searched and found some, but wanted to know if there was anymore pics of the frame mounting points that you all have done. Is it best to use stock bushings, heims, etc. Trying to get a feel for my project.

i would really recommend staying away from heims. i know this from experience.. long arms and heims definitely don't belong together. you might consider using something like a johnny joint instead. i wouldn't just take my word for it though, just look at all the popular long arm setups out there. for instance Claytons setup.. he's using Currie Johnny Joints.

If you are going through all the work of swapping the radius arms on, I would go the extra mile and use the johnny joints. My buddy has rad arms with stock bushings on his MJ, and we are now looking at how to get rid of them. They flex ok, but nowhere near what they could with johnny joints.

Just my $.02

Jay

I use 1" heims. I don't understand what the problem is with using heims? Johnny joints or heims... it's your call. I used the stock strut arm style busings on my first design & ended up having to replace them after every wheeling trip. They're not designed to handle the flex.

Matt

Thanx for all the input, i think i will go with JJ. I know i should sleeve the arms but what length is everyone running. I read that someone was at 33 in i think. But should they mount on or just in front of the x member. or is it one of those every setup is different things.

Back