• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

flareless, yes or no

shimmy

NAXJA Forum User
i was thinking of going flareless... those who are, how often or if ever, do ya'll get pulled over by the popo?

brandon

I have a friend with 6" lift and 33's, stock flares that has never been pulled over and I have another friend with a 3" lift 235" tires and got a ticket for no mud flaps!!

If you run with no flares and mudflaps you will eventually get pulled over but they will probably get you for a bigger ticket than just that. If you spit rocks back to another vehicle and they call your license plate in then you are likely to get a big ding on your insurance for a claim. May sounds silly but in my mind it is dangerouse to run without flares you should always protect other vehicles from the road debris your tires pick up.

Michael

I run tj flares and get pulled over regularly in Idaho and I gave up on Washington travel. My tires stick out about 2" in the rear and 4" in the front. The one time I tried to drive to Spokane I got pulled over just accross the stateline and the ocifer said he wouldn't give me a ticket if I turned around and went back to Idaho.

i run no flares with like 6-7 inchs and 35's with dented to shit fenders so the tire is more then half way out and have never got pulled over for flares just flaps

no flares or mudflaps, 33's stick out a bit. talked to my neeighbor who is a police officer and he said he doesnt care and that i shouldnt get pulled over unless a cop is really ****ed ooff that day. i may get small mud flaps when i lift another inch tho. possibly yj flares if anyone has some locally cheap.

I get pulled over just about everytime that I drive my jeep on the road and I even live in Bend OR the redneck truck capital of Oregon. I have gotten 3 tickets so far for improper fenders and mudflapps but mine is pretty wide and its an eyesoar for most people so it sticks out in a crowd of cars.
caljeep2.jpg

They tell me here that I have to have full coverage over the top of the tire (has to cover all the tire lugs) down to at least half way from the ground on the backside of both the front and rear tires, I told them to forget about it and that is way too unrealistic........and thats why I have 3 of the same tickets....

Last edited:
Flareless here. MT/R 35x12.50's chopped and pounded fenders with 4.75" BS. Fender wells look open but the tires still look tucked in there nicely. This is in Richmond,VA. Avoid the main drags at the end of the month. Apologies to any law enforcement on here....but you know it happens. As was mentioned above, anything that calls attention will you know, call attention.

P

hey calvin andrus, what side of bend are you on sun river or sisters/redmond? i go up to sisters all the time cuz my parents live there and im most likely going over there this summer to work. i havent seen many lifted jeeps over in that area tho. nice to see a badass one tho.

I have been ticketed for improper fender running this setup.
cherokee41.jpg

I got out of the ticket in court. I guess it is a fair weather thing. I expect when the weather worsens a 50ft slushy rooster tail is going to draw some attention.

I am amazed they let you get by with that. On the road, it is quite a hazard to other motorists.

staticrevolution said:
I have been ticketed for improper fender running this setup.
cherokee41.jpg

I got out of the ticket in court. I guess it is a fair weather thing. I expect when the weather worsens a 50ft slushy rooster tail is going to draw some attention.

Glenn said:
I am amazed they let you get by with that. On the road, it is quite a hazard to other motorists.

Don't worry to much about the other drivers on the road there are many more hazardous people than me for sure. Its also not my daily driver and if I don't have to drive it I don't drive it. Driving my Volkswagen or my ex HONDA I have never been affected by any truck without flares, maybe I am just lucky I suppose.

are those the 33's on 15 x 10's my budy sold you?
sure look bigger than my 33's on 15 x 8's

jeeps lookin good man!!
should have came to flat brokes run at browns camp
it was great

Back