• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift Question

brokexj

NAXJA Member #1165
I have an 85 and this is what I have sitting in the garage, look at it and let me know if you see any problems.
3" RC Springs
2" Spacers
3/8" Spacer
16" Rancho LCA's
RC SHocks
Extended Links
No tracbar as of yet but am in the market if anybody has one?!

Dakota leaf added to 97 spring pack with 2" RC AAL and 2" Lift shackles
Have the D35 out back, have the setup to do the rear disc's (off of a 98 WJ) Is it worth it or should I hold out for that D44? I want to run 32x11.5's (got a good set for free) and really don't want to chop the body up too bad if I don't have too. I am going to buy a new st of brake line hoses for a YJ, so that should cover that. All of this is sitting, nothing has gone on yet. Should I run the stock isolater, even with the spacers? Looking to put a winch up front on a 4x6 steel homemade bumper. I am new to the rocks, mostly mud and sand, but I like a challege and I am doing this on the cheap, because I like it that way. Anybody got any idea's, suggestion's, GTH's, let me know. Appreciate it!

What are you going to do about control arms? You need them at that height, and I'd recommend Drop Brackets or longarms. Hold out for the D44...

Yucca-Man said:
What are you going to do about control arms?
see here
brokexj said:
16" Rancho LCA's
looks like he'll be able to go to a 3" lift with these...

How the deuce did he get that line in there without showing an edit? :D

16" arms will fit a 3" but they'll come up short for a 5" unless you use DBs, but the uppers need to be a tad longer still if that's the case.

Should I see if I can find some adjustable arms or brackets? I am just trying to run the 32's. Should Ijust try the stock isolaters and 2" spacers with the springs and see where that gets me? Appreciate all the help.

if you're thinking about swapping out your d35 for a d44, i'd take some time to really consider an 8.8 swap instead of the d44. cheaper, considerably stronger, discs, easy to find cheap parts for, about the same width, etc... there are a TON of write-ups on here.

just a suggestion...

i have a little different opinion on control arms. i had those same rancho control arms and they were fine at 4.5 inch lift. that was the limit with them. also my stock uca's work fine at 5.5 inch lift with no issues. i did put in 4.5 inch lca's tho.

Rancho arms are terrible invest in some good ones that will allow for good flex and bushing wear!

Got a deal on the arms at $25. That's why I have them, like I said, on the cheap. Of course the high speed arms look good, but not to my pocket. What size bumpstops should I be looking at? This are the answers I have been looking for!

Back