• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

home made coil spacers?

olivedrabcj7

NAXJA Member #1384
anybody know of a way to make your own coil spacers? i searched but didnt see anything.

Making your own coil spacers is reasonably easy with some basic tools. I made mine out of a hard plastic (not sure on the specific kind off the top of my head). Just make the outside diam big enough to be larger than the springs and the inside needs to be large enough so that it fits all the way up to the top of the spring bucket (there is a radias at the top). You can stack spacers if you want so that you do not need to use really thick plastic.

HTH,
Michael

where did you get the plastic??? what was it originally for? how did you drill it/shape it to a circle? thanks

Hole saw would work nicely. Hog out the middle with a big drill bit or ream. Heck, you could even use rubber for spacers. Tire tread, rubber mats, whatever. Be creative!

Jared:patriot:

redyouch said:
where did you get the plastic??? what was it originally for? how did you drill it/shape it to a circle? thanks

you can use just about anything. Mine was a hard grey plastic I had laying around. I used a hole saw to make both the inside and outside cirles, but you can use anything you want. Inside diam is pretty big for a standard bit (jig saw would work also).

HTH,
Michael

:quote:Heck, you could even use rubber for spacers. Tire tread, rubber mats, whatever. Be creative!:endquote: lol.....heck.... house cat, wifes curling iron, a small child....ANYTHING!! hahaha

I hate to say it but coil spacers aren't that expensive. I'm the first one to want to build it myself, but you can probably go to the wanted section and find a pair for less than $20 shipped. They aren't that much more for new. Daystar makes nice cheap ones. Check out ebay.

Dang Beezil, I knew you liked plastic, but pvc for ACOS, thats hardcore :gag:

is.php

Oh yeah.

Are those plumbing flanges strong enough to hold up? I guess I'm a bit skeptical about the longterm reliability, but the proof is in the putting. I get enough heckling about building everything myself. Now the guys would be hassling me about plumbing parts on the rig.

There is no way I would run those. I had that pic on my computer for some reason. I think someone tried to sell those in the for sale forum. I am thinking about building some though. I have no need for the bumpstops in the stock location I think an 2" fine thread bolts would be a good starting point.

anyone have an idea how to make something adjustible that will fit and keep the bumpstop?

cheap can be good, if it will hold up! :D

old_man said:
I get enough heckling about building everything myself.
Now who would give you grief about your self-built stuff? :D Well, I would if it weren't for the fact that it seems to work mighty nicely...

Back