• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need advice on locker and gearing

PAUL B

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 90XJ 4.0, auto, dana30 / dana44with tracklock 3.55/ rustys 3"aal, 31x10.5 at's c4x4 bumber F&R, all skids, arb snorkel, rustys air tube, cold air canister and bigmouth filter, msda6. Need advice on locker and re-gearing. Im thinking about an arb airlocker up front and a powertrax no slip in back. Is the no slip good or bad, how well dose it do? Sould I use arb's f&r? Do I need to re-gear to 3.73, if so what would that change, what would that do? I dont plan on larger tires for daily use, maby 32" for offroad,( I have 2 sets of rims). this is my daily driver, so I can only set up one end at a time. I realy want to do this right the first time. THANKS :D

I run that set-up,it works great.In time I plan to install an ARB in the rear also.If your sure about not going any bigger on tires then the 3.73's would bea good choice.

Gears are expensive, and the jump from your stock 3.55s to 3.73s isn't very much. 31" tires through 3.73 gears actually works out to almost exactly the same final drive ratio as stock tires with 3.55 gears, so by going to 3.73s all you're doing is getting back to stock. Then if you move up to 32s you'll be back in the hole.

I recommend 4.10s if you're going to re-gear at all.

Back