• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

IPF MSR headlights

I got them last week, haven't installed them. They are very high quality, all glass and stamped DOT. They will run you $100 though. I spent the $43.95 only to get one housing at first. They look real good but they don't appear to have a cutoff built into them. I am supposing this is because the h4 bulbs have the cutoff built into them. For that reason I dont think these will work with any HID system, unless there is one with sheilded bulbs.

are you guys gonna do a wiring harness when you run these? are you running the MAGIC afterglow bulbs? thats what im running. where did you order yours from ? i saw em all on quadratec.com

I saw a set of the MSR's yesterday when I went to pick up an IPF harness for my wifes 99XJ.
I've been running the IPF lenses and "M"bulbs on my 94XJ with harness for about 5 years now, and love the quality and output.
Been running the IPF lenses and "M" bulbs on my wifes 99 for about 2 years, and she loves the light output over the stock and SilverStar junkbulbs.
The MSR lenses look good, and like any IPF product appear to have as good a quality as the original IPF lenses. I've grown accustomed to the distinct cuttoff of the low beam with the original IPF lenses, and since they're still in great condition, I'll pass on the MSR's.

I have had the MSR's for about a week, and do NOT like them. They are bright, but have a DOT type beam, nothing at all like the E-code cutoff. In fact, the aiming instructions describe a 15degree cutoff, but it does not exist. There is a lot of irregularity to the beam, which makes the Extravision Sylvanias I was using seem superior on low beam. High beam is bright, but doesnt brighten up the sides of the road to the degree I was hoping for.

I was sent this link to some chinese manufactured housings, and they look EXACTLY like the MSRs. The person who sent me the link claims the MSRs are in fact made by this company, and the DOT and E-Code stamps on the lenses are counterfeit.

http://www.ns-sirius.com/style/cont...lang=2&customer_id=456&name_id=7879&rid=10138

I also bought the IPF "heavy-duty?" wiring harness from Rocky Road, and it is anything but. The wire is 14 gauge, and each and every one of the 3 relays would not seat into thier holder without pushing the wires out the bottom of the holder. I had to use a screwdriver to push the connectors back onto the relay once they were seated.

I am not a satisfied IPF customer.

Last edited:
Back