• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

gauge/panel lights

shimmy

NAXJA Forum User
has anyone ever changed the lights in their panels or guage cluster to all red. it looks really cool in some of those audis, thus i'd like to give it a try in my XJ... how difficult is it to get to those little bulb/led things?

brandon

i did all orange in my '88, the bulbs didnt have the effect i wanted. the 194 bulb type in orange looks like the voltage is low. they now make LED 194 replacements that come in many colors. I'd love to try em, but i hate taking out my deck and cluster to get at the bulbs. being that the gauges are just reflecting the light in the older models, the newer gauges may look much cooler :chef:

I took all of my bulbs out in order to let my reverse glow gages show better in the dark. It's really not that hard, you just have to unscrew some things in order to get back there

i have a 98'. how many bulbs are there total that i need to take out? i'd like to do everything, gauge, panel, etc...

brandon

Back